I don’t usually participate in Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge, but I follow a few bloggers who do and I was inspired by how Pami from Pa-BLAM! handled this week’s topic, the color white. Here in Southeastern PA snow has been covering the ground for 6+ weeks so you might think that ‘snow’ would be the first thing that comes to mind for a white photo challenge, but Pami defied old man winter and focused on spring instead. It’s so much nicer to think about crocuses, daffodils and cherry blossoms, don’t you think?
And remember, despite this cold winter weather, Spring really isn’t that far away. Here are the dates that the above photos were taken. I wonder if this year will be an early Spring like 2012 (trees in full bloom by mid-April) or a later Spring like we had in 2013 (same trees blooming in early May). I vote early Spring!! 🙂
- White Crocuses: March 23, 2012 (less than a month away!!!)
- White Crabapple Blossoms: April 15, 2012
- Pair of Daffodils: April 23, 2013
- Crabapple Tree with Tulips: May 2, 2013
- Shasta Daisy: July 3, 2013 (not Spring exactly but still a white flower…)